Jeffrey D. HoneywellShareholder
- St. Lawrence University, magna cum laude
- Albany Law School of Union University, cum laude
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York
Jeffrey Honeywell practices almost exclusively in the areas of Education Law, Labor and Employment Law, and Construction Law and is a frequent speaker on those topics. He is experienced in employee and student discipline proceedings; in employment law, including sexual harassment and other areas of employment discrimination; in all aspects of collective bargaining, including mediation, fact finding and arbitration; in administrative, state and federal court proceedings; and in providing day-to-day legal research and advice on the full range of issues facing school districts and other public and private employers. Mr. Honeywell also has significant experience in commercial litigation involving construction contracts, such as claims for additional compensation by contractors against owners, and owner’s resolution of disputes with contractors, architects, and construction managers. He is experienced in the negotiation of commercial contracts, such as construction contracts involving school districts, architects, construction managers, and contractors.
Mr. Honeywell served as a Captain in the United States Army, and served in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps, where he litigated in more than 150 trials and administrative proceedings. Mr. Honeywell has also previously served as president of the St. Lawrence University Alumni Association.
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State and National Association of School Attorneys
- Albany County Bar Association